FoodPress is a lot like Freshly Pressed, only yummier. And getting featured on FoodPress can be a great traffic driver. And who doesn’t want that?
Here are four tips that can help increase your chances of getting featured on FoodPress.
1. Read Joy Victory’s blog post “Five Ways to Get Featured on Freshly Pressed”
Joy is the editorial czar for WordPress.com and she knows what she’s talking about. All of her tips completely apply to FoodPress as well as Freshly Pressed, so read her post and take it to heart!
2. Include photos!
Yes, Joy already mentioned this in her article, but it’s especially important for FoodPress. Images are critical when it comes to food. People want to see the food, not just read about it.
3. About those photos…take good ones!
You don’t need to be a professional photographer and you don’t need a fancy camera. But you do need to keep a few things in mind when snapping shots of your food.
- Use natural light whenever possible (like…all the time if you can!). Avoid using a flash or indoor light. And make sure there is light…if the photo is too dark, well, then there’s nothing to see!
- Having a picture that is IN FOCUS is much more important than having a picture that is close-up.
- Think about composition. If you don’t already know it, learn the Rule of Thirds. It’s a fabulous tool. And, remember, close-up isn’t always the best thing!
4. Recipes are good. Not necessary, but good.
There are food blog posts out there without recipes that are wonderful and worthy of being featured. But, for the most part, recipes are great because it’s actionable and interactive. Again…not necessary, but definitely a good thing.
5. Update your blog regularly.
If you stop writing, we stop reading. Simply because there’s nothing to read! So, keep the content coming!
You may be wondering if there is a way for you to submit one of your posts for consideration. At this time, no. We may integrate that feature at a later date.
Good luck and, most importantly, have fun!